What are school holidays like at yours?
Are you of the Make-a-Plan-for-Every-Waking-Moment-And-Exhaust-Them variety or more of a
Whatever your style, here is my round-up of 22 ace things to do, see and explore these school holidays in Sydney.
- On June 27th and 28th, take advantage of the Free For All weekend at the Australian Museum and Powerhouse Museum. Free entry for everyone! After June 27th, children under 16 will be free at both these museums.
- Explore some of Sydney’s best playgrounds.
- LEGO® fans will covet Ryan McNaught’s job after visiting the Brickman Experience, an exhibition showcasing his work as one of only 12 LEGO® Certified Professionals in the world.
- A Kung Fu workshop followed by Yum Cha sounds like a fun day out at the Chinese Garden of Friendship.
- Check out the free Creative Play program in the Western Foyer of the Opera House.
- The Kids in the Park program at Sydney Olympic Park offers a huge range of free and affordable activities.
- Or lace up your shoes and hit one of Sydney Olympic Park’s walking trails.
- You could also check out some of these walks. Or these ones.
- Celebrate Winter at the Darling Harbour Cool Yule Festival. Go ice-skating, play in real snow or walk through the enchanted Frozen Forest.
- Perfect for a rainy weekend- kids watch documentaries for free with a paying adult at IMAX.
- The Way Out West Festival at Casula Powerhouse is a contemporary arts festival for kids. The program looks amazing!
- These trampoline centres are the stuff my childhood dreams were made of…. Sky Zone, FX Zone, Boing Central and Flipout.
- Check out the school holiday program at the Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Watch a puppet show.
- Enjoy a wander through the beautiful Camelia Gardens and grab some scones at the Teahouse. There are also two playgrounds within the grounds and lots of hungry ducks to be fed.
- Explore! I really enjoyed reading Kylie’s guide to Yarramundi Reserve. Adding it to my list of places to visit!
- The State Library has loads of storytime fun, craft and a free movie on offer these holidays.
Check what’s happening at your local library these holidays.
- Free performances and artmaking activities happening at the Art Gallery of New South Wales.
- Catch Snugglepot and Cuddlepie on stage at the Opera House. Or visit Nutcote, the former home of Snugglepot and Cuddlepie’s author, May Gibbs.
- The Sydney Living Museums holiday program is epic! From a LEGO® exhibit to a Make Your Own Softie Toy workshop to a Toy Theatre Making workshop. Lots to do and create!
- Kids can meet their favourite sports star, take part in an art workshop or learn a language, dance and song at the free Kids’ Zone at NAIDOC in the city in Hyde Park.
- And when you just need a caffeine hit, check out this round-up of child-friendly cafes. Or this one. Or this one.
What are your plans for the kiddies these school holidays?